VISA (DO NOT ENTER TAIWAN with visa-exempt entry nor landing visa)
International students must enter Taiwan with a visitor visa or resident visa.
Students who enter Taiwan with a visitor visa will need to apply a resident visa before Alien Resident Certificates (ARC) application.
According to the regulations of National Immigration Agency, “A foreign national who enters with a residency visa, shall apply for an ARC within 15 days after entry into Taiwan.”
Students should present original diplomas and transcripts upon registration.
All document shall be authenticated by the overseas Taiwan Representative Office.
6-month Medical Insurance
Students who do not provide 6-month overseas medical insurance (coverage from Sep 2020 to Feb 2021) will be charge TWD 3000 upon registration
- TMU operate 5 units that will accommodate 64 single students
- Cooking equipment of any kind is not allowed in individual student rooms or lounges. This includes hot plates, indoor grills, hot pots, immersion heaters, or any item with open coils
- You can indicate a preference of the type of room when submit your application, however, TMU does not guarantee housing for all international students
- Student should pay 5-month of rental and basic utilities upon move in
It is easier to find a private accommodation after you arrive, however, you may need to arrange a temporary accommodation (such as a hotel or B&B) when looking for a permanent place.
You can get an idea of prices and availability by looking on the internet, or look in
- an accommodation agency
- friends and relatives living in Taipei
- the TMU Campus Security Center (Mr. Tang via firstname.lastname@example.org)
Private accommodation usually charges 1-2 months of deposit and the first month rent upon signing the contract.
Open your bank account in Taiwan
Students shall open a bank account in order to receive monthly scholarship or TA/RA payment.
The ATMs (Automated Teller Machines) on main campus can be found at the following locations:
7-11: CTBC Bank
Back United Building: Post Office, Taishin International Bank, Taiwan Cooperative Bank.
Important Dates for 2020 Entry
Jul 6 – Jul 17 TMU Housing Application
Early Aug Enrollment Notification
Aug 1 – Sep 8 Online Orientation
Aug 6 – Aug 17 Fall 2020 (AY109-1) Tuition Payment
Aug 24 – Sep 8 Registration & Get your student ID Card
Sep 6 Afternoon New Students Group Health Exam